At Enhance Exteriors, we are committed to providing top-quality services that improve the functionality and aesthetics of your home’s exterior. Our team of experts specializes in the removal of Finlock gutters, also known as concrete gutters, and the installation of UPVC fascia, soffit, and guttering.
We understand that your home is one of your most significant investments, and we want to help you maintain its value while enhancing its curb appeal. Our comprehensive services are designed to ensure that your home’s exterior looks great and functions correctly.
Whether you need to replace your old, worn-out gutters or you’re looking for a complete exterior overhaul, we have the skills and expertise necessary to get the job done right. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you enhance your home’s exterior.
Why Choose Our Service?
Finlock gutters, while durable, can cause a host of problems including dampness and structural damage due to their tendency to absorb water. Our service eliminates these issues by replacing your old Finlock gutters with high-quality UPVC materials.
Benefits of UPVC
UPVC fascia, soffit, and guttering offer several advantages over traditional materials:
- Durability: UPVC is resistant to weather damage and can last for many years with minimal maintenance.
- Aesthetics: With a variety of colors and styles available, UPVC can enhance the look of your home’s exterior.
- Cost-Effective: UPVC is a cost-effective solution that offers excellent value for money.
Our team of experienced professionals will carry out the work with minimal disruption to your daily routine. The process involves:
- Assessment: We’ll assess your current guttering system and discuss your specific requirements.
- Removal: We’ll carefully remove the existing Finlock gutters, ensuring no damage to your property.
- Installation: We’ll install the new UPVC fascia, soffit, and guttering, taking care to ensure a perfect fit.
- Clean-Up: We’ll remove all debris from the site, leaving your property clean and tidy.
We stand by the quality of our work. All our installations come with a guarantee, giving you peace of mind.
Ready to enhance your home’s exterior? Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote. We look forward to helping you improve your home.
Understanding Finlock Gutters: Your Comprehensive FAQ Guide
- How much does it cost to replace Finlock gutters?
The cost of replacing Finlock gutters varies based on property size and specifics. For full removal of concrete guttering and replacement with uPVC guttering, the cost is approximately:
- £1800-£2000 for one side of the property
- £2600-£3000 for two sides of a property
- £3400-£4000 for three sides of a property
- £4200-£5000 for four sides of a property
Please note that the cost may vary based on the existing gutters’ condition and specific job requirements.
- What are the alternatives to Finlock gutters?
Concrete style guttering has mostly been replaced by alternative materials such as PVC, aluminum, or steel. These alternatives are more durable and visually appealing.
- What should I do if my home has Finlock gutters?
If your home has Finlock gutters, it is recommended that you replace them with a more modern alternative, unless you want to maintain the historical or listed building’s appearance. If you do wish to retain the Finlock gutters, you can have the concrete lining replaced entirely or only in sections where signs of damage are visible by hiring a company that specializes in Finlock guttering.
- What problems can Finlock gutters cause?
If the lining of your gutters wears away and the concrete begins to retain water, over time, this can result in water seeping into your property through the walls, leading to dampness. Additionally, it can also create thermal bridging between the bricks of your home and the blocks of the gutter, which can cause internal damage to your house similar to damp.
- Why were Finlock gutters phased out?
The reason for their discontinuation was their lack of durability as they tended to last for only about thirty years. Once the lining failed, the concrete would start to absorb water instead of draining it away, which was a significant problem. Additionally, their aesthetic appeal was not remarkable, which was one of the reasons why they fell out of favor.
- What are Finlock gutters?
Finlock gutters are a type of gutter system that consists of concrete blocks that are joined together and then lined with a waterproof material, such as mineral felt or bitumen. These gutters were first introduced in the UK during the 1950s when there was a steel shortage and were seen as a cost-effective and durable alternative to steel gutters.